2 moms + 2 states + 2 jobs = 2 little time

Saturday, June 12, 2010

I'm Back, Too!

Wow, it feels like forever since I've joined y'all on the blog. I'd like to thank Rhiannon for staying so motivated and sharing so many of her goings on lately. She's been keeping this blog rolling, for sure!

Well, what the heck have I been up to these past weeks?

Moving.
Packing and moving.

Then packing some more.
Cleaning.
More packing.

After that I did some moving and a bit more cleaning.

It was just a move across town but good grief was it so much work. Work that isn't exactly done yet. See, there's one huge hurdle left to tackle.


This hot mess will one day be my craft room/office. I'm so excited to have an entire room devoted to housing my craft supplies, one that has a door on it that can hide the messes... er... I mean, projects in progress. But right now it is hiding all the things I ran out of energy to deal with. Hopefully over the next few weeks I'll be able to share some progress on this project so I can get back to the fun of crafting again. My poor sewing machine has been neglected for so long.

One of the first places to set up during a move, the most important room in the house in my opinion, is the kitchen. Am I right? I think it gives everyone comfort during such a long transition period and it's nice to have some bit of normalcy to go along with a big change. Especially with a toddler in the house. It certainly isn't easy or always practical to keep up with homecooked meals during a move so we focused on making things that are fun and easy to prepare. With summer (unofficially) in full swing here in Georgia, we made one of our favorites recently. Pink Lemonade! I found this recipe on Joy the Baker's site last year.


Aiden squeezes the lemons while I process the raspberries.

Wowie zowie is it ever yummy.

Do yourself a favor and make some. It is especially delicious when sipped on the back porch on these hot summer nights.

Well, it's good to finally have internet again and to be back in touch with my virtual world. This is going to be a great summer, I can't wait to share it with you all.

~Megan

PS

Anyone want to share their favorite summer recipes?

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Megan!!! I will be expecting some yummy pink lemonade in September!!

    ReplyDelete