2 moms + 2 states + 2 jobs = 2 little time

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Inspired Bracelet

I was totally inspired by Disney's bracelet tutorial here. Hers turned out so cute, I decided to make my own. I did a couple of things different, but I love how it turned out.

Here is what I did. I cut 1 piece of felt and 2 pieces of fabric, all the same size. For the length I made sure the fabric wold fit around my wrist comfortably and the width about 2".
I cut fabric for 3 flowers. I used 4 pieces for each, 2 large and 2 small. The size will depend on how big you want your flowers. Mine were about as wide as my bracelet.

I found these yellow beads for the flower centers. You could use anything you like. If it doesn't have a hole, you can hot glue it to the flower. Disney used pearls for hers. I liked the yellow against my turquoise flowers.

I stacked my fabric right sides together and put the felt on top.

I then sewed the three pieced together trying to stay as close to the edge as possible. Don't forget to leave an opening so you can turn it right side out.

Once it is right side out, top stich all the way around the entire bracelet, closing up the hole.

I sewed my bead to my flower before attaching it to the bracelet. While attaching it, I went through the hole on the bead a few more times. This made the bead more secure.

I added the other two flowers and some velcro. From start to finish, this bracelet took me about 45 min. to make. I will definitely be making more. Maybe not only for moms, aunts and grandma's, but for some teachers as well.

Quick, Easy and Adorable.
Exactly how I like it.

Happy Sewing
Rhiannon

No comments:

Post a Comment