2 moms + 2 states + 2 jobs = 2 little time

Friday, July 30, 2010

Where has the week gone?


Wow, it's Friday already. I am feeling like our blog name is so true this week. I have so many great blog post running through my mind (almost too many), and having a hard time getting them posted. So I apologize for the long post, filled with lots of pictures.
Here is what we have been up to.

We went to visit family in St. Louis last weekend.
They took us to a great park by their house. It had this great fountain for the kids to play in.

They had so much fun, we went both days we were there.

If you ever make a trip to St.Louis, you have to visit the City Museum. It is amazing. They have salvaged items from the city to build a giant playhouse for kid and adults.

We had so much fun, but it was a little crowded. I promised my Blue M&M that I would take him out of school on a weekday and go back. Shh! Don't tell his teacher.

I will also go more prepared. I will not wear a skirt and will definitely wear tennis shoes.
We also stopped by the zoo. The zoo is located in a  gorgeous park and is free!! Score.


Blue M&M got to feed the sting rays. It was pretty cooool!


And of course all good times come to an end.
I stayed with my great hostess and tour guide Laura. She is a fellow sewer, so we had to stop by the fabric store and make some goodies while the kids  her daughter slept.
I made this dress for Maria, I wanted to get some better pictures, but she was not in the mood.

I used the basic pillowcase dress pattern and just added the waistband. I used the same technique Dana used on her  shirt dress.

O.K here are some other things we've done this week.
We had to say good bye to my brother Donnie. Boo hoo!

We picked vegetables from the garden. Now what to do with it all?

We made Joy's peanut butter and jelly cookies. Yummy!!

We did some babysitting for this little guy.

So my not so new year's resolution is to post more that once a week and photograph more before and afters of my refashions. We will see how that works out.

Happy Weekend!!
Rhiannon

1 comment:

  1. I love the pillow case pattern dress! GOOD JOB!

    ReplyDelete